What To Know
- To change the input source on a Sceptre TV, you can press the Source button either on the remote control or on the TV itself, then select the desired input from the on-screen menu.
- The location of the Input or Source button may vary depending on the Sceptre TV model.
This guide quickly walks you through the steps to change the input on your Sceptre TV using the remote or the TV’s own buttons, ensuring you get back to enjoying your media with minimal fuss.
Plus, we’ll tackle common troubleshooting tips to smooth out any snags along the way.
Here’s how to get started.
- Where Is the Input Button on a Sceptre TV?
- Sceptre TV Manual
- How Do I Change the Input of My Sceptre TV with a Remote?
- How To Turn On/Off Sceptre TV Without Remote
- Troubleshoot Common Issues
- Wrapping Things Up
Where Is the Input Button on a Sceptre TV?
Several Sceptre TV series have Input buttons, however, the button’s location will vary from model to model.
If you’re not sure which model your Sceptre TV is, try looking for the Input button on the right side of the TV as this is where it is on most units.
Otherwise, you can find your model’s Input/Source button location in the user manual.
Refer to the linked Sceptre TV manuals below to find your TV model’s Input button location.
Sceptre TV Manual
While many TV manufacturers will have their manuals on their websites, Sceptre does not.
Instead, you’ll have to find your TV manual by Googling the model number followed by “manual,” as shown below.
To save you some time, I’ve found and created a comprehensive list of different Sceptre TV model manuals.
Sceptre has three TV types, including:
- Android TV
- 4K UHD TV
- LED HDTV
Refer to the table below for Sceptre Android TV manuals.
TV Model and User Manual
4K UHD TV
Sceptre 4K UHD TVs all share one user manual which includes instructions applicable to all these models.
The Sceptre LED HDTV range includes the E series, X32 series, X40 series, and X50 series.
TV Model and User Manual
How Do I Change the Input of My Sceptre TV with a Remote?
There are three different instructions for changing TV input using a remote. The instructions vary between the following TV categories:
- Sceptre LED HDTV
- Sceptre 4K UHD TV
- Sceptre Android TV
Changing Sceptre LED HDTV Inputs using a remote
On the HDTV remote:
- Press the Source button on the remote.
- The screen shows the different input sources.
- Use the Arrow keys to select the preferred input sources from those displayed on the selection screen.
- Click the Enter button to confirm the selected input.
Changing Sceptre 4K UHD TV inputs using a remote
On the UHD Smart TV remote:
- Press the Input button on the remote.
- The input source screen appears on the TV screen.
- Use the Arrow keys to choose one of the input sources on the input selection screen.
- Confirm the selection by pressing the Enter button
Changing Sceptre Android TV Inputs using a remote
On the Android TV remote:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate through the screen that appears, displaying all the applications.
- Use the Arrow keys to scroll up to the Menu that appears at the top of the screen.
- Toggle through to the Input section that appears on the screen.
- Press OK and set the input, it could be Antenna or HDMI 1.
How To Turn On/Off Sceptre TV Without Remote
You heard it here first: Sceptre TVs can be turned on and off without their remote.
Find the universal Power icon marking the On/Off button under your TV.
Quick-press your TV’s Power button to turn it on. When you want to turn it off, press the same button for two or three seconds.
Watch the video below demonstrating how to turn a Sceptre TV on/off without a remote.
While there are remote apps that claim to perform this function, I tested it with Sceptre TVs and can confirm the free iOS or Android app is not compatible with Sceptre TVs. So, the only solution is to physically press the Power button.
Troubleshoot Common Issues
Changing a Sceptre TV’s input should only take a second, but small glitches can cause your TV to automatically perform or block certain processes. Luckily, these instances are usually caused by minor issues which can be resolved using our easy troubleshooting tips.
Find your Sceptre TV issue from the list below and follow our instructions to resolve it.
Sceptre TV Changing Input On Its Own
This Sceptre TV user had trouble connecting their PS4 and Roku player to their unit. Before trying to connect either of these external devices, their TV had been working flawlessly.
The user then tried to connect a Sony Blu-ray player to the setup, which resulted in their TV automatically changing the input source.
If your TV isn’t changing its input source by itself and making it challenging to select your desired input, try the following solutions:
- Disable your Sceptre TV and the connected devices’ CEC feature.
- Unplug any devices that are not connected to an HDMI port.
Sceptre TV Input Blocked
Many Sceptre TVs feature a parental control function that blocks specific actions to ensure young children aren’t accessing or viewing anything they shouldn’t.
When parental controls are turned on, your TV will ask you for a password whenever you plug an external device into it, such as a streaming device, Blu-ray player, or gaming console.
If you’re not sure what you’re TV’s password is, try the default code: 0000.
However, some users have found that their TV’s parental controls function is bugged, entirely blocking the input from being adjusted.
If your TV’s input is blocked, try the following solutions:
- Input the default password, which may be either 0000 or 2143.
- Reset the settings to their default values (i.e. factory reset).
A few users experiencing these issues contacted Sceptre customer support, who suggested factory resetting their TV. Resetting your TV will erase all custom settings and delete any personal information.
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Sceptre TV.
Step 1: Hit the TV remote’s Source key.
Step 2: Type in the following code: 7343.
Step 3: In the pop-up menu, navigate to Other Settings followed by Restore to default.
Sceptre TV Inputs Not Working
If certain inputs on your Sceptre TV aren’t working, try:
- Ensuring the input source and TV are properly connected.
- Check if the HDMI cable is in good condition and replace it if needed.
- Using a different HDMI port on the Sceptre TV.
- If you have an Android Sceptre TV, try updating the software.
If you’re trying to connect an HDMI-compatible device, check out our article Why Is My TV HDMI Port Not Working? for tips and tricks to get your TV’s HDMI port back up and running.
If none of the above solutions fix your problem, it’s best to reach out to Sceptre customer support for additional guidance.
Wrapping Things Up
You can change your Sceptre TV input by pressing the source button on its remote or on the TV itself and then selecting your desired input from the menu.
Your TV’s input button’s location with vary depending on the model, but if you’re having trouble finding it, you can always check your TV manual. Sceptre doesn’t include their manuals on their website, so feel free to use the above links to find the one of your model.
If you’re having trouble changing the input, make sure parental controls haven’t been enabled and that your external device is correctly connected to your TV.
What’s your experience changing a Sceptre TV input?
Let us know in the comments below!
Yesenia Achlim is a technical copywriter and editor with a focus on AV equipment. She aims to break down complicated topics and make technology accessible, no matter your technical expertise. When she’s not teaching you how to replace a projector lamp, you can find her reading and baking.