Changing the inputs on your TV should be an easy process, but sometimes it proves to be a headache. You can change your TV’s input by using the remote or physical buttons found on the TV.
Before changing any input, ensure that a source device is active and plugged into the TV’s input. It enables the input to be selectable.
Changing input using a remote is an easy step-by-step process. Without a remote, it is more complicated, mainly because you do not know which key performs what function.
In short, you can change the TV’s input by clicking an input button; after that, use either the channel or volume keys. The volume keys enable you to scroll through the different inputs in the TV. You can select the source you want to change, and the process will be complete.
- How Do I Change the Input of My Sceptre TV Without a Remote?
- How Do I Change the Input of My Sceptre TV with a Remote?
- Why Is My Sceptre TV Not Changing Video Inputs?
How Do I Change the Input of My Sceptre TV Without a Remote?
It was so easy to operate a TV without a remote until recently. A malfunctioning or misplaced remote was a minor problem for non-smart TVs.
However, the adoption of Smart TVs like Sceptre 4K LED has made TV remotes essential. Thus it made their loss all more exasperating.
While most TVs have a push button to control their primary features, it can be complicated on secondary features. It is hard to adjust the TV’s input mode without a remote.
Luckily, even without a remote, there are different options available to a user for accessing anything on the TV.
Using TV Buttons
The easiest way to adjust a TV’s input is by using the TV’s bottom, side or front buttons. You can change the TV’s input by;
- Clicking an Input Button on the TV.
- Using the Channel or Volume Keys to scroll through the Menu.
- Choose the desired input.
There might be distinct or the same “Menu” buttons on a smart TV like Sceptre Android TV. The buttons will enable you to choose apps and other features on the TV.
If you have an older TV and lack an input or menu buttons, you can use channels to change inputs. In some TVs, you can find the input channels below channel 2.
Other TVs have a “Scan” button at their side or rear that, when pushed, searches for an input device. Once it finds the input device, it automatically connects to it.
Using Smartphone or Tablet
Sometimes you might find it hard to keep on using buttons to change input. Luckily, your smartphone or tablet gives you an option to use it as a remote.
You can get various apps on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store to turn your phone into a universal remote. Television remotes use an Infrared Pointer (IR) technology.
Any device with an IR blaster feature can copy the signal sent to the TV to control it. Therefore, you can use the phone to change the input on a Sceptre TV without a remote.
How Do I Change the Input of My Sceptre TV with a Remote?
There are three different instructions for changing TVs input using a remote. The instructions vary between the following TV categories:
- Sceptre LED HDTV
- Sceptre 4K UHD TV
- Sceptre Android TV
Changing Sceptre LED HDTV Inputs using a remote
On the HDTV remote:
- Press the SOURCE button on the remote.
- The screen shows the different input sources.
- Use the Arrow keys to select the preferred input sources from those displayed on the selection screen.
- Click the ENTER button to confirm the selected input.
Changing Sceptre 4K UHD TV inputs using a remote
On the UHD Smart TV remote:
- Press the INPUT button on the remote.
- The input source screen appears on the TV screen.
- Use the Arrow keys to choose one of the input sources on the input selection screen.
- Confirm the selection by pressing the ENTER button
Changing Sceptre Android TV Inputs using a remote
On the Android TV remote:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate through the screen that appears, displaying all the applications.
- Use the Arrow keys to scroll up through to the Menu that appears at the top of the screen.
- Toggle through to the Input section that appears on the screen.
- Press OK and set the input, it could be Antenna or HDMI 1.
Why Is My Sceptre TV Not Changing Video Inputs?
Having a TV that does not display videos can be frustrating. Several troubleshooting instructions apply for different TV categories. The categories include LED TVs, 4K UHD TVs, and Android TVs. The general instructions include:
- Making sure that the TV input is set to the input your device is connected to.
- Verifying that the input is put in properly.
- Changing the HDMI cables.
- Enabling the highest bandwidth setting on the TV.
For Android TVs, problems with video input may be solved by:
- Making sure that both the video and audio cables are well connected.
- When using a remote, ensure that the remote works by installing new batteries.
- Matching the colors of the cables to the ports off the back of the television.
Other troubleshooting instructions used on TVs and remotes include;
- Checking if the TV’s remote control is set correctly to respond to different commands. This can be achieved by removing and reinstalling the remote batteries as well as checking its display sensor.
- Clicking the TV Function button, or changing the TV/VTR cable to the TV position.
- Trying to change the video inputs.
- Confirm if the TV has video label choices if the video inputs do not change.
- If it has a video label option, confirm that they are all correctly set.