Are you wondering why your Sceptre TV is not powering on?
You’d be shocked to know that this is a common problem. It happens to pretty much every other TV brand.
So stop cursing your Sceptre TV.
In most cases, faulty electrical connection is the primary cause of Sceptre TV not powering on. Other causes include malfunctioning components.
Let me show you how to troubleshoot with the exact steps to fix the glitch.
- Why Sceptre TV Will Not Power On?
- How Do I fix Sceptre TV Not Powering On?
- Don’t Forget The Remote Control
- Can I Reset Sceptre TV That Will Not Power On?
- Call The Customer Support
Why Sceptre TV Will Not Power On?
It is frustrating when your Sceptre TV won’t turn on, especially when you want to watch your favorite show. The good news is that you can quickly fix the issue once you know what’s causing the problem.
Let’s go over some of the reasons your Sceptre TV is not powering on.
- Power Cable Connection: Your Sceptre TV will not turn on if you don’t connect the power cord properly. You may have plugged in the power cable, but if it is loose, it will not conduct electricity.
- Faulty Power Cable: Check for broken pins, frayed wires, rust, or cuts on the cable. A Faulty cable will not transmit power.
- Faulty Power Surge Protector: If your Sceptre TV is connected through a faulty power surge, it will not turn on.
- Faulty Wall Outlet: If your Sceptre TV is connected directly to a wall outlet and does not turn on, the problem might be with the wall outlet. To test a wall outlet, plug another electronic device (such as a mobile phone) into the same outlet. If the device fails to turn on, it indicates the wall outlet is faulty and needs to be replaced.
- Powering the Sceptre TV with a faulty electrical extension: A faulty electrical extension will prevent your TV from turning on. Ensure the electrical extension indicator red light is on. If the light is off, the extension isn’t working.
- Tripped Circuit Breaker: Lack of power in your house due to tripped circuit breaker will cause your TV and other electronic devices not to work. Electric circuit breakers trip when there is an electrical fault or overload.
- Stuck Power Button: If the power button is stuck in the OFF position and you can’t find your remote control, you may not power your TV.
- Sceptre TV Remote Control: If you cannot power your Sceptre TV using Sceptre TV remote control, the remote might have problems. Install new batteries and make sure they are properly seated. Try again and if there is no response, buy another Sceptre remote control.
- Fuse blowout: Your Sceptre TV comes with a fuse to protect it from excessive power and short circuits. A blown-out fuse will prevent your TV from powering on.
Now that you know the probable causes, let’s see how you can fix the problem.
How Do I fix Sceptre TV Not Powering On?
Follow these simple steps to keep watching your favorite shows.
First Step: Connection And Power Check
Here is what to do when no power is being transmitted to your TV and socket outlet.
- Check the power cord. Ensure it’s securely connected to both the TV and the wall outlet. Try another power cable if you have a handy one.
- Unplug, plug and turn on/off your Sceptre TV multiple times.
- Check the power outlet. Ensure the outlet has power by plugging in another electronic device like a laptop, desktop, mobile phone, or radio. If you do not have any way of testing this yourself, contact an electrician in your area who can perform a voltage test on your home’s electrical system.
Second Step: Fix Your Power System
Check if there is a power supply to the socket where you plugged in your television’s power cord.
If there is no power supply, there might be something wrong with your electrical system. Try these options:
- Check the fuse or circuit breaker in your house. If the fuse has blown, replace it. If it is a circuit breaker that has tripped, switch it on.
- Examine the electrical socket.
- Check for loose electrical connections.
- If there is a fault in your electrical system, call an electrician in your area to help you fix it.
Third Step: Power From Wall Outlet To TV
Once you have confirmed you have power in the socket, proceed with these checks:
- If you have a power surge protector, ensure it is ON. Or, remove the power surge protector and connect your TV directly to the power socket outlet.
- Check if the power cord is connected properly to the back of your TV.
- Check the power cable and replace it with a new one if it is damaged or worn out.
- Make sure you are using the original power cord supplied by Sceptre TV.
- Ensure the power surge protector is functioning correctly and not overloaded.
What Else Can I Do To Get My Sceptre TV On Again?
Are the connections and power supply to your Sceptre TV okay? If the TV is still not powering on, then.
- Unplug all cables from your Sceptre TV except the Power Cable and power it on and off several times.
- A blown-out fuse may cause your Sceptre TV not to turn on. Find its location from the manufacturer’s website’s user manual or service guide and replace it. Once you’ve replaced the fuse, plug in your TV set again and see if it powers up normally now.
Look for a button with a red light on the front of your Sceptre TV. The light shows that your TV is receiving some power. If no light appears, your device may not be receiving power or experiencing a technical issue. To fix this problem, you will need to contact Sceptre Customer Service so they can troubleshoot with you further!
Don’t Forget The Remote Control
Is the remote power button functioning well? Press the power button on your remote control off and on repeatedly. If there is no response on your television, it could be because of a malfunctioning power button.
But if the power button is okay, check its power supply. Ensure the batteries are correctly installed and test the remote again. If it still doesn’t work, replace the batteries with new ones.
Move to the next step if your Sceptre TV cannot power on after replacing remote control batteries.
Can I Reset Sceptre TV That Will Not Power On?
The next step is to reset your Sceptre television that would not power on. Unplug the TV from the power source for at least 30 seconds, plug it back, and switch it on. This way, resetting the TV allows it to drain residual power and static electricity, thus allowing it to start normally again.
If there is no change, you might have to factory reset your TV. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Then wait for another 15 seconds before turning it back on. If this doesn’t work either, then press and hold the power button for 45 seconds instead of 15 seconds to reset the device completely.
If it cannot power on after resetting. It could be a complicated issue, and it is safer to call the experts to assist you.
Call The Customer Support
If you’ve tried all the above methods and still cannot get your Sceptre TV to turn on, there could be a more complex problem. You will need to contact Sceptre Customer Support Team for help.
It’s quite common to wake up to a Sceptre TV not powering on despite many attempts.
Several problems, including a faulty power supply, damaged cables, and loose connections, could be the cause. Luckily, it’s a problem that can be fixed without needing to call a professional unless the cause is rather complex.
Try the solutions we’ve offered above and if all else fails, feel free to contact customer support at Sceptre. They are always willing to help.
Vance is a dad, former software engineer, and tech lover. Knowing how a computer works becomes handy when he builds Pointer Clicker. His quest is to make tech more accessible for non-techie users. When not working with his team, you can find him caring for his son and gaming.