Laser pointers are small, hand-held devices that are designed to produce laser beams. Today, consumer laser pointers are mostly used as presentation pointers, for astronomy and as toys for cats. The most familiar application of the laser pointer would be the presentation pointer.
In this article, I have compiled a list of 8 top quality laser pointers for a wide range of uses. Besides, there is an ultimate buying guide at the end of this review to help you pick the most suitable one.
Without any further, let dive into the reviews.
The 8 Laser Pointer Reviews
1. Logitech R500
- The R500 is optimized to work with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, and leading presentation software...
- Move and present freely from as far as 20 meters (65 ft) away. Perfect for medium to large-size...
- The R500 pairs with the powerful Logitech presentation app so you can customize button functions,...
Logitech is known to produce excellent computer peripheral devices, and the R500 is no exception. The Logitech R500 is a very versatile and advanced presentation remote.
First released in May 2018, it has quickly become a popular model for professional presenters. It is highly compatible with various operating systems, computers and devices, and priced relatively affordably.
It is also known to work well with projector screens and on walls. Previously, we did a review on three top Logitech presentation pointers, and the R500 was the best choice.
The Logitech R500 Presentation Pointer is designed to work with most presentation software, including PowerPoint, Prezi, Google Slide, Keynote, and PDF. It also works with Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS operating systems.
This gives it a range of flexibility for use in different settings and eliminates the need for customers to buy different pointers for different systems.
Connectivity is provided in two choices – you could either use its wireless or USB receiver to connect with your computer, or connect using Bluetooth. The device has an app that lets you track battery life, customize the button functions, and set a timer for presentations.
We like the presentation timer feature, which we think will be helpful to any seasoned or new presenter alike. The textured grip gives you a good feel of the pointer, and the controls are fairly easy to use.
Some customers commented that their R500’s controls started wearing out after a year of intensive use. This may be a concern for those who give presentations frequently, but otherwise, there was no other aspect of this product that we didn’t like.
- Compatibility with many operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS)
- Presentation timer feature
- Logitech presentation software
- 1 AAA battery required, a power-saving mode for extra use
- Textured grip and easy controls
- One of the best operating range (65 feet or 20 meters)
- Buttons could wear out after long-term intensive use
2. Logitech Spotlight Presentation Remote
- Highlight and magnify on screen - go beyond traditional laser pointing. Use the advanced pointer...
- Mouse-like cursor control - Use the on-screen cursor to play and pause videos, open links, and enjoy...
- Smart time management - Spotlight reminds you when it's time to wrap up. The presentation remote...
The Logitech Spotlight Presentation Remote was released in 2017 and proved to be a hit. It is an advanced remote that lets you highlight or magnify data with a spotlight (hence the name).
Its cursor can work as a mouse; you could use it to play and pause videos, click on web links, and switch between different modes. This device is compatible with both Mac and Windows and works with popular presentation software such as Google Slides, Prezi, and PowerPoint.
It is also designed to work with smart TV monitors. The Logitech Spotlight was our recommended presentation remote for TV screens when we did a comparison with a few other models.
Your overall experience with the product starts with its sleek, user-friendly design. We find the gold color option to be particularly appealing and definitely makes the device stand out from other competitors.
However, another area that stands out is its compatibility with LCD and LED TV screens. Not many presentation pointers work well with TV screens as the monitors are designed to absorb incoming light.
Moreover, non-compatible laser pointers could damage your television screens. The Logitech Spotlight solved this problem and is our top recommendation of presentation pointers for TV screens.
The device has an excellent long-range of 98 feet (30 meters), which easily wins most presentation pointers hands-down. This will be useful for those who have to present in large halls.
It also allows you to connect to your computer using both Bluetooth and a wireless USB receiver. The quick-charging capability is a bonus for professionals who are constantly on the go.
The somewhat steep price of this remote makes it expensive for those who do not present frequently. Another shortcoming is that the Logitech Spotlight does not have magnifying and highlighting functions for iPhones.
However, we think that regular presenters will find it a worthwhile investment due to its compatibility with most presentation software and OS, as well as LED screens.
- Highlighting and magnifying function
- Compatible with TV, LCD screens, even via video conference
- Excellent range of 98 feet (30 meters)
- Work on Mac, Windows
- Quick charging
- Smart timed alerts
- Lack of highlighting and the magnifying ability for iPhones
3. Pinty Green Laser Pointers
- DURABILITY, made of aerospace grade aluminum, our laser sight features 532 nm wavelength, works well...
- POWERFUL GREEN LASER, highly visible green laser in any environments with improved accuracy, reaches...
- CONVENIENCE & COMPATIBILITY, comes with a remote control to easily switch laser on and off;...
The Pinty Green Laser Pointers Scope is a high powered laser pointer for astronomy use.
It was designed to work as a laser scope for hunting rifles, featuring an aerospace-grade aluminum housing; and figure-of-eight dual-hole mount or 20mm weaver mount.
Its upgraded optic results in a bright and sharp green laser light, although its output is less than 5mW. The Pinty Green Laser Pointer is quite easily the recommended laser pointer for astronomy, even when compared to other popular models.
From an astronomer’s point of view, the strong green laser is the standout feature as it aids in stargazing. Green lasers are known to be the best for astronomy as the human eye is very sensitive to green laser.
Furthermore, as the green laser travels through the air, the laser gets scattered away from the main beam by dust and air particles, allowing you to see it from the side.
Take note that this laser pointer’s battery is not rechargeable, meaning you would have to bring along replacements. Thankfully, the included Lithium-ion battery can last for several hours.
We liked how durable this astronomy laser pointer is and how its mounting mechanism was designed to be simple. It’s easy to replace its battery while still mounted on a rifle, and it boasts an extremely high reaching distance of 980 to 1,000 feet (298 to 304 meters).
The Pinty Green Laser Scope could even be controlled by remote.
The laser light is difficult to adjust to zero, which may be an issue for those who use it in hunting. The weaver mount was also a design flaw as users commented it fell off too easily.
The lack of a child lock feature and a non-rechargeable battery are also drawbacks that we think could be improved upon in future models.
- Excellent green astronomy laser pointer (532 nm wavelength)
- Very durable and sturdy construction
- Simple mounting mechanism
- One of high power laser pointers (but still not the highest power laser pointer)
- Lack of child lock
- Difficult to adjust to zero
4. Canon PR10-G Presentation Pointer
- A Brilliant Green Laser1 that is 8X more visible than a standard red laser will get the attention of...
- With up to 100-foot range, move freely around the room and engage your audience for greater impact.
- Navigate your presentation easily with intuitive slideshow controls and a comfortable, smooth...
Canon’s PR10-G Presentation Pointer is on the higher end of wireless presenter remotes. It emits a brilliant green laser that is up to 8 times more visible than a bright red laser pointer.
This presentation remote was designed to work in varying lighting conditions. It features a smooth layout, timed alerts on an LCD display screen, a low battery alert, and a useful range of up to one hundred feet (30 meters).
The PR10-G is a plug-and-play remote, meaning no extra installation is required. PowerPoint and Apple’s Keynote are two of the popular programs that it is compatible with.
Power supply comes in the form of 2 AAA batteries, which are included when you purchase the set. The buttons are quite intuitive and ergonomic, and you should not have issues with controlling the slides.
The PR10-G’s green laser is highly visible and works even in the brightest lighting conditions. We like its cross-compatibility with Windows and Mac presentation programs, and its one hundred feet (30m) range which covers fairly large rooms.
The first drawback of this remote is its relatively steep price compared to many models. Moreover, it lacks volume control, so you would have to set the volume on your PC before starting your presentation.
- Highly visible green laser much brighter than a red laser pointer
- Plug-and-play: no setup or installation required
- Compatible with most Windows and Mac presentation programs
- Good range of one hundred feet (30 meters), AAA battery
- Timed alerts with vibrations
- Work out of the box, no setup required
- Lack of volume control
5. Logitech Wireless Presenter R800
- The brilliant Green laser pointer is powerful and easy to see, even on LCD and Plasma displays and...
- The LCD display with timer lets you manage your time with silent, vibrating alerts and controls that...
- With a range of up to 100 feet (30 meters), you can enjoy the freedom to move around the room and...
The Logitech R800 is another promising device that uses a green laser pointer. Similar to the PR10-G, it has a working range of 100 feet (30 meters) and is plug-and-play.
The R800 works with PowerPoint and other presentation software and perform better on a projection screen rather than on a TV screen.
The R800 is a great option for those who need to present in large conference rooms. Its green laser pointer could be used to highlight a specific area on your slide; all you have to do is press on the aiming button.
The vibration alerts will be much appreciated by seasoned and novice presenters alike. These vibrations may be set at 2 minutes, 5 minutes and 10 minutes intervals, giving you a good idea of whether you are keeping to the schedule.
The R800 runs on 2 AAA batteries, which may last for over 1,000 hours if you do not use the laser pointer function. Moreover, the device’s USB receiver may be stored in a compartment in the main unit when not in use, so you would not misplace it.
Logitech’s R800 Wireless Presenter has a good range of one hundred feet (30 meters) and a highly visible green laser pointer. We like the vibration alerts set to specific intervals, as it would be a great aid in keeping time during presentations.
The presenter’s battery life is excellent, and its laser works in all kinds of lighting conditions, making it a great all-round choice.
While the timed alerts are a good feature, we find it unfortunate that users are not able to customize them to their preferred intervals. Another downside is the R800’s pricing- it is a little expensive.
- The green beam is highly visible
- Plug and play design, anti-lost USB receiver, AAA battery
- Vibration alerts
- LCD display with timers
- One of the best range of one hundred feet (30m)
- Users are unable to customize timed vibration alerts
6. Doosl Upgraded Laser Pointer
- ✅ Presentation Clicker Upgraded Remote Green Light - The Green laser is 10 times brighter than red...
- ✅ Metal Aluminum alloy body - with Aluminum alloy Metal body, Made of nickel plating metal dome...
- ✅ Wireless Presenter Range Up to 330 Feet - The Presentation Remote is equipped with top-grade...
Doosl’s Upgraded Laser Pointer comes in a sleek and professional design and is bound to impress many viewers. Its exterior comprises a metal dome with nickel plating, while the keypad is made of silicone, assuring you of comfort when you hold it.
The first thing that strikes you about the Doosl Upgraded Laser Pointer is its beautiful design. This pointer is an excellent choice for those who value their professional image.
Featuring a green laser pointer, intuitive controls, and a plug and play design, this device checks off all the essential characteristics and more.
Doosl’s laser pointer offers an incredible range of 330 feet (100 meters), among the longest wireless presenter range for such devices. This would suit those who have to frequently present in large seminar rooms or lecture halls, as the range is easily thrice that of many competing models. Its green laser pointer is strong and shows up brightly in both dim and well-lit room conditions.
We also like the minimalist design and simple controls. Further, this device uses a rechargeable lithium battery, which could last for a month and has a low battery warning.
The Doosl laser pointer does not work on television screens. Setting up the device initially is also somewhat difficult.
- Incredible range of 330 feet (100m)
- Beautiful, lightweight and durable design
- Intuitive, simple controls
- Works in well-lit rooms
- Rechargeable battery which lasts a month on a full charge
- Strong green laser pointer
- Somewhat difficult to set up
7. Dinofire Wireless Presenter
- 【GREEN LIGHT VS RED LIGHT 】 Green light is not only 10 times powerful than red light, it’s...
- 【PLUG & PLAY MULTIFUNCTIONAL】Powerpoint presentation clicker combines the functions of...
- 【RECHARGEABLE】360mAh Lithium Battery, clicker for powerpoint presentations only requires 1 hour...
The Dinofire Wireless Presenter is a rechargeable PowerPoint pointer that has an included 360mAh lithium battery. It has a 98-foot (over 200m) wireless range, so you’re free to move about the room as needed. What else can it offer?
The green laser integrated is much better than red because it has higher frequencies, making it easier to see. This tool also allows you to move pages up and down, play slides, and set a black screen for any PowerPoint presentations. You can also open hyperlinks in PowerPoint with the tool, making it easy to continue talking and showing extraneous material without having to go back to the computer.
A slide-show clicker is also included (and part of the presenter), which allows you to show slideshows in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as websites, ACD See, Google Slides, and more. It is designed to work with Windows 2003, Vista, XP, and Windows 7 and Windows 8. It also works with MacOS, Android devices, and Linux systems.
- Works with many OS systems
- One-piece design
- Three-year warranty for qualifying purchases
- USB cable, free USB port Dongle replacement for qualifying purchases for two years
- It takes some practice to use.
8. KNORVAY N76GBK Wireless Presenter
- Plug & Play - ①Presentation clicker supports Hyperlinks, Volume Up/Down, Switch Windows,...
- More Advanced - ①KNORVAY green pointer presenter is 10 times brighter than presenter with red...
- More Professional - ①One KNORVAY pointer presenter can control multiple computers at the same time...
The KNORVAY N76GBK Wireless Presenter offers remote-style buttons and technology. With it, you can tab over, use the enter button, Alt-Tab, and click on hyperlinks. You also get a full page up-and-down features, and full or black screen options, as well as can change the volume level.
It operates on a 2.4G RF frequency and has a control range of 300 feet, allowing you to move anywhere within the room, even if it’s large. The remote control is also omnidirectional, so you don’t have to stand straight on to use it.
The presenter’s plug-and-play feature makes it easy to use. You don’t have to wait for anything to install, so you don’t have to arrive much earlier to get things set up.
The rechargeable feature ensures that you can use the pointer until the battery runs dead, plug it in for it to recharge, and use it again and again. The pointer has a steady green laser, which makes it easy to see on any background, including television displays, projection screens, smart boards, and LEDs.
The built-in 360mAh rechargeable lithium battery gives you a long usage time and only takes two hours to recharge. It also comes with a wall charger and a USB port charger.
The pointer supports many applications and software including PowerPoint, Google Slides, MS Excel and Word, websites, iWork, ACD See, and Prezi. It also works on the following OS: Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 8, Mac OS, Android systems, and Linux.
The green laser pointer is designed for comfort and convenience, as well. It includes a low-power indication light that flashes when the power goes low. The silicone buttons give you a soft feel for the thumb while the raised bump ensures that you don’t press the wrong button accidentally.
- One-piece design
- Rechargeable battery
- Supports various computer commands
- Not significantly powerful or bright
The Ultimate Buying Guide
There are many factors determining the usefulness of a laser pointer. There are many ways to use a laser pointer, and so the best laser pointer should be well-suited to the purpose it was intended for.
Key features that set apart one laser pointer from another include its power, the color of the laser beam, range, adjustability, accessories, size, and price.
1. Power Output
Power is a feature that varies greatly depending on what the pointer is meant to be used for. Presentation pointers require a fairly low power of 5 mW or less; laser pointers for astronomy may require an output of more than 5 mW; while toys for cats should have a low wattage of only around 1 mW.
Astronomy laser pointers are high-powered as they have to be projected far into the night sky and point out celestial objects. In contrast, toys for cats should be low-powered in order to be safe for human and animal use.
Presentation pointers use a fairly low output as they have to be safe for the consumer and indoor use, and any accidental shining of the beam into human eyes could be hazardous for health.
2. Laser Beam Color
The most common color people are familiar with is red. Bright red laser pointers are frequently used for presentations and as toys for cats and dogs. However, green pointers are common for astronomy as our eyes are more sensitive to green laser.
Green lasers also get dispersed by air and dust particles, allowing you to view it from the side. Some presentation pointers may also feature white spotlights for highlighting and magnifying. This makes it more relaxing to the eyes.
The range is yet another area where pointers vary a lot.
While pointers for astronomy could reach up to a thousand feet (300 meters), laser pointers for cats may only reach up to 50 yards (45m). Presentation pointers could typically reach between 50 to 100 feet (15–30m), which is ideal for lecture halls and indoor spaces.
A related feature is an adjustability, especially for astronomy laser pointers. These lasers pointers high power have a focus that can be adjusted according to lighting conditions, which is helpful when looking at constellations at night.
While accessories may not be the first criteria you look at in a laser pointer, they could be a tie-breaker when comparing laser pointers of similar specifications. Professional pointers may value accessories such as a carrying case and fast-charging USB port cable.
On the other hand, cat owners would be more inclined towards accessories such as a rubber toy mouse for their pets to play with. Hunting hobbyists will prefer accessories such as mounts for their laser scope. Therefore, manufacturers need to be clear about their target customers and what accessories to include with each product.
Size is a feature in which most people would assume “smaller is better”. However, a high power laser pointer such as those used with hunting rifles could be hefty and weigh up to 5 ounces (140 grams).
The key is to avoid getting devices that are considered heavy for their power output and purpose. For instance, presentation pointers that weigh over 3 ounces (85 grams) would be considered cumbersome and tiring to hold for long periods.
6. How Much Should I Spend?
In terms of cost, we have found that the top-rated laser pointer would set you back by a significant amount. However, the vast majority of laser pointers we reviewed on this site are affordably-priced. This means that if budget is a concern, you could still find the best laser pointers for your needs at comfortable prices.
Laser pointers come in various colors and can be used for multiple applications. Whether you’re using it for fun or plan to use it at your next presentation, a laser pointer will enhance your ability to keep your audience’s or pet’s attention. Hopefully, this article has helped you find the best laser pointers based on your preferences.
Last update on 2020-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.