Need a projector but don’t have one?
You can use your iPhone as a projector.
But you might be wondering, “How?”
We’ve got you covered.
Here, we’re going to give you the 2 options on how to use your iPhone as a projector. These options are:
- iPhone projector boxes
- DIY iPhone projectors
We’ll also talk a bit about the rumors of an iPhone with a built-in projector.
So are you ready? Let’s dive in!
The 2 Options to Using Your iPhone as a Projector
iPhones are awesome.
They can do a lot of things.
Yes, including project images for you on a wall or screen.
As we mentioned, there are 2 options to do that.
Let’s take a close look at each one.
iPhone Projector Boxes
What does a projector do?
It projects images onto the wall to enhance your viewing experience.
Well, what if we tell you that you can do that with your iPhone as well…
…with the help of a projector box.
You might be wondering, “how does it work?”
An iPhone projector box is simply a box with lenses inside. These lenses are the ones that project the images on your iPhone to the wall/screen.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Turn off all the surrounding lights in the room.
- Select the video/movie you want to project.
- Turn your iPhone’s screen to the brightest level.
- Place it inside and angle it in a way that the lenses can enlarge the images.
- Play your video.
- Shut the box tight. You don’t want any light filtering in.
- Sit back and enjoy.
With that, everyone can watch from your iPhone without having to gather beside each other.
A quick side note. Though this is a creative and fun idea, it shouldn’t be for commercial or professional use as it doesn’t have the best quality.
If you’re interested in buying these iPhone projector boxes, here are some recommendations to check out…
Luckiest of London Smartphone Projector is a fun way to get creative with your family.
- Suitable for use with iOS and Android compatible smart phones.
- Fits phones up to a maximum size of 8cm x 14.5cm and 3.2 x 5.7 inches
- Pack includes lens. Glue not included.
It comes with everything you need to assemble it:
- A box that can securely fit an iPhone inside (3.2″ x 5.7″).
- Lenses that can magnify images up to 8x bigger than your iPhone screen.
- Other tools that help set it up.
Not only that, but it also has a cool design that makes it look like a real projector.
Another recommendation is also from Luckiest of London.
- Material: Made from cardboard, with glass lens. Comes ready assembled.
- Fits phones up to a maximum size of 80mm x 160mm and 3.2 x 5.7 inches
- Please note both the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will fit inside this product.
This Smartphone Projector 2.0 version comes fully assembled.
It has a more retro look. And, it can support iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Then, there’s the Polaroid Projector.
- Good quality lens
- Adjust and focus the screen using the telescopic body
- Project your videos up to 16 cm in size
This iPhone projector box has a unique shape and can project the screen up to 16cm bigger.
DIY iPhone Projectors
If you’re not willing to spend on iPhone projector boxes, you can MAKE YOUR OWN!
Once you got all that, follow these simple steps:
- If your shoebox has any flaps inside, you first need to glue it down.
- Once the glue is dry, trace the magnifying glass on the side of the shoebox. Make sure you trace over the shoebox’s lid as well.
- Cut off what you’ve traced with a cutter. This hole is where you’ll install the magnifying glass.
- To install the magnifying glass, you need to remove its handle by breaking, cutting, sawing, or unscrewing.
- But before you secure the magnifying glass in, paint the inside of the shoebox with your black paint. The darkness will absorb the light and not allow it to escape.
- Once the paint dries, glue the magnifying glass through the hole from the inside out. You should also paint the outside edges of the hole so that zero light can enter.
- If you want to get fancy, you can paint the outside of the shoebox (although this isn’t necessary).
- Inside the box, create a stand for your iPhone. You can get creative with what to use for this.
- Turn your iPhone’s brightness level to 100% and place it upside down inside the box.
- To get the best focus, move the phone forward or backward inside the shoebox.
- Close the lid, sit back, and enjoy.
So you see.
It’s so easy and fun to make your own!
iPhones With Built-In Projectors – Are the Rumors True
When the iPhone 6 was about to come out in 2014, there were a lot of speculations about amazing new features…
…such as a built-in projector!
Its projector was said to function as an actual one, with HD images and all that.
However, that rumor was soon shut down when the iPhone 6 became available and it had no built-in projector.
Now, each time a new iPhone model comes out, this rumor will come up again.
Even with the newest model coming out soon (the iPhone 12), people still wish that a built-in projector will be added to its features.
If not, it might happen in the future… In the future when technology becomes even more advanced than we can imagine.
In the meantime, iPhones don’t have built-in projectors.
Don’t have a projector?
Remember, there are 2 options to use your iPhone as a projector.
The first option is to buy an iPhone projector box. The other option is to DIY an iPhone projector box.
Whichever you choose, you’ll be able to enjoy videos/movies with family and friends.
We hope that this article has been a great help to you!
Last update on 2021-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.