Those who work only with Apple products know how helpful Keynote is for making design-savvy and amazing presentations. However, have you ever found yourself wondering if Keynote has a laser pointer to aid you while you’re presenting?
Yes, Keynote has a laser pointer that you can use during presentations, and it is simple to access. The application is generally a convenient choice because the design options and laser pointer colors make the process pretty interactive.
Let’s look at this topic in more detail.
What Is the Core Function of Keynote?
Keynote is an application you can use to make presentations and is similar in its core function to Microsoft PowerPoint. However, Keynote is an Apple application, and its features and capabilities are different from those of Microsoft’s software.
If you only use Apple products, you will not need to rely on other applications to perfect your presentations and designs.
Does Keynote Have a Laser Pointer?
Yes. Keynote has a laser pointer that you can use for presentations. The best way is to set the presentation up on your Mac, iPad, or Apple laptop and turn on the laser pointer feature. It will help make your presentations more interesting and interactive.
Several animations and other features you can try on the application are perfect for making an amazing presentation.
How Do You Show and Use Pointers in Keynote?
Accessing the laser pointer in Keynote is easy. If you are using a Mac, go through the following steps to turn on your laser pointer:
- Open the Keynote application and select a presentation to work on.
- Once you open the presentation, click on “Keynote” in the top left corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select preferences.
- Click on the “Slideshow” tab on the top side of the menu box.
- Select “Show pointer when the mouse moves.”
Once you have done this, open the presentation and move your cursor to the bottom, where a tab with multiple colors will appear. Select the first option from the left. When you move your cursor around after that, it will show a laser pointer.
Accessing the laser pointer on the iPad is even simpler.
- Open the presentation on the iPad and tap on the screen. The tab with multiple color options will appear at the bottom.
- Select the left-most option and slide your finger across the screen, and a laser pointer will appear where your finger touches the iPad screen.
- When you connect the iPad to the projector, your audience will also see what’s happening on your screen.
- Touch the screen to get them to focus on a specific part of the slide.
Although Keynote was designed for Apple devices originally, you can use it on Windows as well.
- Open iCloud on the browser and sign in to your Apple account. If you don’t have one already, create a new one.
- When you have signed in, click on the Keynote App.
- Click on the + sign at the top menu to start a new presentation.
- Once you have added the slides, click on the “Play” button and start the slideshow.
You will not get the option to use a laser pointer when you are using Keynote on the browser, but your cursor will be visible. Hence, you can use the cursor to direct the audience’s attention. If you want, you can increase the size of your cursor for the presentation.
Change Cursor Size and Color in Windows 10
- Open Settings
- Enter “Mouse Pointer” in the Search Bar
- Use the first option to increase the size of the cursor. Dragging it to the left increases the size, and dragging it to the right decreases it.
- You can also change the color by selecting the “Custom” option and changing the color as per your preference.
Once you are done, go back to the presentation and continue presenting, using your cursor to draw the audience’s attention.
Can You Use the Laser Pointer without a Mouse on Mac?
Yes, you can. If you want to avoid using the mouse while presenting and have an iPhone or an iPad, you can conveniently control the laser pointer. Make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on in both your Mac and the device you will connect to it. For this example, let’s assume you are using an iPhone.
- Open the Keynote application on your Mac.
- Click on Keynote on the top left corner and select preferences.
- Click on Remote from the tabs on top of the menu box.
- Select “Enable” from the check box.
Once you have finished setting up your Mac, it is time to sync it to your iPhone.
- Open Keynote on your iPhone.
- Click the Remote Keynote button that looks like it on the top right corner. If you cannot see it because a presentation is open, click back, and it will be there.
- Click the continue button that appears on the screen and wait for the devices to connect.
- Once the iPhone detects the Mac, a pop-up will appear on your Mac. Click “Link.”
- Enter the passcode, and the devices will be linked successfully.
When the link is created, open the presentation on your Mac and press the Keynote Remote button on your iPhone. Click play, and the slideshow will start. After that, you can enable the laser pointer as mentioned above and control the slideshow presentation on your Mac through your iPhone.
In short, you can use a laser pointer when you open Keynote on an Apple device. You can also connect your Mac to your iPad or iPhone if you want to control the presentation without using the mouse.
Keynote is overall a pretty user-friendly application, and I hope this article will help you enjoy exploring it.