Wonderwall Entertainment projector is an affordable and portable video projector launched on September 23, 2010.
This projector has features that allow you to use it for movies, games, teaching, and presentations; it is not the best for text presentation.
It projects an image up to 10 feet wide on any light wall and even the ceiling.
Aside from the huge images, this projector has other features that make entertainment more comfortable and enjoyable.
Who is the product for?
If you are a big fan of big-screen entertainment, you can use this projector to enjoy movie or gaming experiences from the comfort of your home.
It can also be used for teaching during lectures when projected against a whiteboard.
The projector is very portable and can be carried along during travels for business meetings.
Because of the portability and huge images among other features, the Wonderwall projector can be used for shows, presentations, or entertainment in a large gathering.
Compared to alternatives, this projector is very affordable.
You can easily install this projector and operate as it has a remote control for the volume, color, and power off/on features among others.
With all these wonderful characteristics, however, you cannot use this Wonderwall projector in a brightly lit room.
- Video projector that connects to TV, DVD player, video console, and other devices
- Projects image up to 7.5 feet wide on any white wall in the home
- 1.7-inch LCD with 480 x 240 resolution; built-in stereo sound
The product package consists of:
- One discovery expedition Wonderwall entertainment projector
- One 46” A/V cable
- A bonus DVD
- Instruction manual
- Remote control
- Power cord and computer cable
- Inner case and a bag for cables
This product doesn’t include a RCA cable for connection (which needs to be purchased separately).
The Wonderwall entertainment projector is reliable in situations where screens or light walls are available as it projects well on indoor surfaces but poorly on outdoor walls.
The features of this product include:
The Wonderwall projector comes in mostly a black, sleek design.
It is an LCD projector that measures up to 13 x 8.5 x 12.5 inches weighing about 6.5 pounds.
This product is very portable and has a focus lever for carrying and projection adjustments.
The battery is rechargeable and there is a power cord included in the product package for recharging.
The projector can last about 3 hours after a full charge.
The image brightness for this product is 1200 ANSI Lumens and this can only be used in a dimly lit environment.
It has a 50-watt halogen MR-16 bulb which is replaceable.
It has a display resolution of 1024 x 768 and a resolution of 480 x 240 DPI.
The LED lamps project images up to 10 feet wide on any light wall, screen, and even the ceiling.
These lamps generate lots of heat during use which a radiator fan in the projector helps to cool.
The view is fixed in the landscape but can be changed.
You will get a blurry and grainy view when using this projector for image presentation, hence, they are best used for text presentations or PowerPoint presentations.
It has a 2W in-built sound system and stereo which gives you a rich audio/visual experience.
As cool as this in-built sound system would have been, the noise from the projector cooling fan usually messes it up. So, it is advisable to use an external sound system with this projector.
This projector package has a remote control which has the following features:
- POWER button for switching on and off the projector
- VOL +/- button to increase or reduce the speaker volume
- COMP button to choose a computer in the connector
- VIDEO button for VIDEO IN connector.
- HDMI button for HDMI IN connector
- SD button to choose SD CARD slot for multimedia,
- USB-A&B button to choose respective ports for multimedia,
- AUTO ADJ. button for automatic optimization of a computer image,
- D-ZOOM button to zoom in/ out the projected images,
- MENU button to display main menu operations,
- Four directional select buttons to choose or make adjustments to selections,
- ENTER button to confirm the selection of items in submenu operations,
- EXIT button to exit the settings.
The remote control for the projector uses a lithium cell battery which needs to be changed frequently to enable easy operations.
The Wonderwall projector allows you to send files or images from your mobile phone to the projector wirelessly. This can be done using Wi-Fi or some apps for Android and iOS.
You can connect your Wonderwall projector with most computers using a USB cable. This allows the screen image of your computer to be projected without any difficulty.
The projector can also be used with your TV, DVD players (that have RCA input), camcorder, or video game console through an A/V input connection.
Wonderwall projector cannot be used with mobile phones.
This consists of AV, USB, HDMI, VIDEO, AUDIO, and COMPUTER ports which are for external connections to make projection and sending files a lot easier.
Other features of the hardware interface include
- an LED indicator light that projects at a distance up to 6 feet
- a headphone jack for receiving audio signals
Installation; connection to a computer
The projector is easy to install but it needs an RCA input which is not always found on most computers.
For connection, you have to get a cable or adapter that enables RCA input to your computer.
These are the steps to installation:
- Switch off both your projector and your computer before anything is done.
- Connect your computer to the projector using your RCA cable or adapter. You can also connect an audio cable if you wish.
- Turn on your computer and your projector. Set the video output on the computer to ‘mirror external monitor mode’.
- This will allow the projector to display the same image shown on your computer screen.
- You can also use the remote control to choose the output option in the video settings menu.
What we like
- It is quite affordable.
- It gives a bright and high resolution (display resolution of 1024 x 768) image.
- It is very portable.
- It is easy to operate as it has a control panel which offers volume control, color control, power off/on control among other features
- It uses HDMI connections among others
- It doesn’t require much maintenance and it has long-lasting durability.
What we don’t like
- It takes a long time for the picture to focus and when it does, the picture is blurry.
- The projector has a poor sound system
- The LED lamp lights are so dim and can only be comfortably used in a dark room.
- The product package doesn’t include the RCA cable needed for connection
- It is not battery operated and requires a frequent recharge.
- The radiator fan makes a lot of noise during projection.
Below is the summary of some of the customers’ reviews:
- The product is easy to operate and install
- The picture quality of the projector is very low
- The radiator fan makes a lot of noise which overwhelms the sounds from the movie or game being projected.
- It is affordable
- The projector only offers connectivity to the RCA cable
- It is very good for outdoor evening movies and games.
- It cannot be used for home theatre.
The alternative for the Wonderwall entertainment projector is more expensive but has almost the same features with more modifications; it is the VANKYO leisure 3 mini projector.
- SUPERIOR VIEWING EXPERIENCE: Supporting 1920x1080 resolution, VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is powered...
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is perfect for video viewing, TV series...
- BIG SCREEN SIZE: It provides a watching size from 32” to 170” with the projection distance...
This alternative has a supported display of 170”, with 40,000 hours of LED lamp life. It gives a brighter display during projection.
This is compatible with TV sticks, PS4, HDMI, VGA, TF, AV, and USB with reviews from happy and satisfied customers.
Check out more information on the alternative here.
The Wonderwall entertainment projector is one of the most affordable and reliable projectors you can get with stylish designs and lots of moderate features.
Above all, it is very easy to operate and this is a bonus especially for technology novice users.
Last update on 2021-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.