It’s not often that compact projectors achieve the same capabilities that regular-sized projectors do. The UO Smart Beam Laser, however, is not affected by its compact size. In fact, it’s the world’s first FDA-Registered Class 1 Eye-Safe laser projector, and it’s a CES Innovative Product, Award Winner.
This practical little projector is SK Telecom’s first product launched under the United Objects Brand.
So, what does the UO Smart Beam Laser Mini Projector bring to the table?
Read on to find out.
Who is this product for?
Measuring at only 2.2 inches, this nifty little projector has been designed for literally any on-the-go presenter, gamer or movie fan. You can take it to any place you might need.
It can be used anywhere without a screen and can connect to a variety of different devices, including:
- laptops or computers;
- media players; and
- gaming consoles.
The simplistic design and opportunity to take it anywhere is coupled with a comfortable enough set-up that even children can figure out without any worries.
The projector is promoted as being high resolution or “HD” but worthwhile noting that the website does indicate that the resolution of this model is 720p.
Another aspect of the UO Smart Beam Laser Projector you may want to consider is that it runs on LCOS technology, using laser diodes as its light source to project images. The model has a 60-lumen rating. A lumen rating indicates how bright a lamp is. While 100 lumens is quite a low brightness level, the perceived brightness of laser diodes is much greater than an LED light, for example.
However, the bottom line is that if you are specifically on the search for a super-bright projector with the highest resolution then, the UO Smart Beam may not be for you.
But if you are looking for a focus-free projector that is small enough to hold in your hand and light enough to take anywhere, then this mini projector is definitely worth considering.
- UO Smart Beam Laser is CES awarded world's 1st FDA accessed (#1611158-000) Class 1 Eye-safe Laser...
- For iOS users: Set UO on Media Sharing mode by double clicking the power button. Although UO Smart...
- For Android users: Set UO on Media Mirroring mode by double clicking the power button. Find Miracast...
Your UO Smart Beam Laser Projector comes with the following package inclusions:
- the projector;
- a user-manual;
- a charging cable;
- a USB power adapter; and
- a wall adapter.
A standard limited 1-year warranty is also included.
Not included in the projector box are the following accessories and cables:
- a folding tripod;
- a protective pouch;
- a micro HDMI to HDMI cable; and
- a micro HDMI to USB adapter
These products can be purchased separately.
Overview of features
|Image Quality:||720p HD resolution|
|Focus Free:||Instant clear image – no need to focus the lens|
|Battery Type:||Built-in Lithium Polymer (4200mAh)|
|Battery Life:||2 hours after a full charge (it takes 4 hours to full charge, but it can also run while being charged)|
|Projection Screen Size:||Between 20 inches and 150 inches depending on the projection distance. The ideal projecting distance is between 2 and 8 feet.|
|Wireless Connection:||Connects to devices using WiFi connection|
|HDMI Input:||Micro HDMI|
|Speaker:||The built-in speaker has a 6 volume range and can be muted.|
What we like
- The projector uses an FDA accessed Class 1 eye-safe laser, so it is safe for your eyes.
- There is the option to connect the UO Smart Beam Laser Projector to your preferred device either wirelessly or via an HDMI cable.
- The Focus-Free feature ensures that you never have to waste another minute getting your projector in-focus.
- Despite being compact, the projector can project up to 150 inches – so you can go to the big screen for your Netflix movies.
What we don’t like
- The resolution is only 720p HD as opposed to 1080p HD.
- The brightness is only 100 lumens.
|The lightweight, compact design makes it easy to take on-the-go.|
Easy To Use
|It’s compatibility with various devices and the option to connect the device wired or wirelessly makes it easy to connect anywhere.|
|The first projector of its kind to have many notable features in such a compact design|
|Slow customer service response.|
Tutorial/how to use/install/get the most out of it
If you aren’t 100% convinced on the UO Smart Beam Projector yet and want to compare it to similar products on the market, here is a list of alternative products:
- If you are looking for 1080p HD output, you may want to consider looking at the Apeman Mini Portable Projector
- If you are looking for a brighter projector, the Kodak Luma 350 Portable Smart Projector has a rated brightness of 200 lumens.
We have to admit; the UO Smart Beam Laser Mini Projector comes with quite a few remarkable features considering it’s basically the size of a Rubik’s Cube.
The minimalist, lightweight, design combined with its compact size makes it easy to do a presentation or watch a movie wherever and whenever.
However, if you are looking for a higher resolution or brighter screen, you may want to shop around for other similar options.
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.