It’s challenging to be a presenter, such as a teacher or someone who pitches new ideas to large groups of people at work. You’re already stressed from being up on stage, and you don’t want to forget where you are in the presentation by stopping just to click to the next slide.
We believe the Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is one of the best green laser pointers for many reasons. We used the product and tested it and created a short review to help you understand the product better. That way, you can make an informed decision to determine if this is the right product for you.
Logitech Professional Presenter R800
The Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is a green-light laser pointer that’s easy to use. You can see the green light on any presentation screen system and even in a bright room.
It also offers a 100-foot wireless range, so you can present from anywhere in the room. If you like to move around, you won’t have any ‘sensor’ issues with the device.
Its primary function is to switch between presentation slides, but it offers a vast array of other features, which we’ll talk about later.
Who Is This Product For?
This Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is suitable for anyone who uses Windows operating systems to present PowerPoint presentations and can be used with other applications. It’s also perfect for travel; you can carry it with you anywhere so that you have something with which you’re comfortable using.
When you purchase the product, and it arrives on your doorstep, you should check the contents to make sure everything’s included. You should receive:
- One Logitech device
- Two AAA batteries
- One wireless mini receiver
- One carrying case
- One user manual
Overview of Features
This product has a variety of features that we loved, which is one of the reasons why we chose to write about it. The things you would expect from this presenter include:
- Green light: It uses green-light technology, which means everyone can focus on whatever board or screen you are presenting on; you don’t have to worry that people in the back can’t see it. You also get the benefit of aiming and pressing the control button on the device to highlight whatever you need.
- Screen compatibility: Presentation screens can include projection screen, plasma, and LCD. Plus, it is designed to be bright enough to work in a well-lit room; you don’t have to dim the lights.
- Timer: We really liked the timer feature. The LCD is easy to read and lets you check the remaining time of your presentation without the audience knowing.
- Alerts: The Logitech Professional Presenter R800 vibrates when there are five minutes, two minutes, and 10 minutes remaining. However, we do wish that you could program the vibrations to your needs. Nonetheless, it wasn’t so much as to be called a drawback, and the feature itself is highly desirable.
- Range: If you’re a pacer while you present, or you just like to make sure everyone’s paying attention, you have 100 feet of wireless range from the receiver. You’re in control of the show because you can engage your audience, move around, and seem personable to those around you. Plus, the reception indicator will warn you that you’re moving out of range; as such, you can move a bit closer if needed.
- Storage: We also really liked that the wireless receiver could be stored directly in the remote. Those tiny dongles are so hard to misplace, but you’ll never worry about losing it. While not a deal-breaker, we did like the carrying case that came with it. You’ll feel like a professional presenter when you slide the device out of the bag.
- Plug-and-play design: The plug-and-play system is also something worthy since there aren’t any hassles with drivers or software to download. Plus, it allows you to use it on any device in any presentation area. You don’t have to wait or risk uploading software to new computers and laptops each time you need to present something.
How to Use the Logitech Professional Presenter R800
The Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is quite easy to use. Remove the mini receiver from its storage location and insert it into a USB port.
It can take a few moments for the computer to recognize the device, and then you can open your application, such as MS PowerPoint. Once there, you need to project it onto the screen you’re using, and you’re ready to use your pointer.
The contoured buttons are quite easy to use, too. They are perfectly positioned for your hand, making it easy to press them without having to glance down each time.
You can advance slides by using the right arrow button and go back using the left arrow button. You can also start and stop the presentation when needed or can make the screen black using the designated button.
While we believe that the Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is a great green-laser pointer, we understand that it can seem a little pricey. As such, we wanted to present you with an alternative that still offers many of the same features and the green-light technology.
The Doosl Upgraded Presentation Remote Clicker is less expensive (slightly) than the Logitech version. However, it has an ultra-modern look and feel and has a wireless range of up to 330 feet. We also liked the fact that it had a similar design to the Logitech brand and still had appropriate button placement for ease of use.
- ✅ Presentation Clicker Upgraded Remote Green Light - The Green laser is 10 times brighter than red...
- ✅ Metal Aluminum alloy body - with Aluminum alloy Metal body, Made of nickel plating metal dome...
- ✅ Wireless Presenter Range Up to 330 Feet - The Presentation Remote is equipped with top-grade...
Whether you make presentations all the time or rarely, you need the right tools to make it easier for you and the audience to stay on track. The Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is a pointer designed to help you present to potential clients, students, and in many other situations.
It’s compact, lightweight, reliable, and has a storage area for the receiver or dongle. Plus, everything can go into its own convenient carrying case, making you look more professional. While green-light technology costs a little extra, the Logitech Professional Presenter R800 is still an affordable option.
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.